Welcome! My name is Maiyer, (My-Yer). Don't worry if you had trouble figuring out how to say my name, many people have had trouble, so congratulations if you said it right with out the parenthetical help. I'm so excited to have you as part of this discussion on family even if you accidentally stumbled, tripped, or completely fell flat faced onto this page. I know for some of us gravity can be a problem, hence the fact that for this photo, knowing heels are another socially designed weapon to make my calves look great but walking 10x's harder, I chose to sit down. I am a student studying Marriage and Family with an emphasis in Advocacy and Policy. Therefore this blog is to focus on the discussion of family and the issues we face defining what a family is and the issues that make it difficult to uphold strong families. The title page might have thrown you off with the word "Ahmong," which looks like a typo but I've chosen to write it as a word play for the word, among, and a representation of my ethnicity, Hmong. I hope that you will enjoy reading what I have to say and find things that ring true with you and feel welcomed to submit your own opinions.

Comments